2010年12月20日星期一

Omega replica watches Last night American climbers got a taste of World Cup bouldering

Fun to run. Fun to watch. The 5k Mud Run is fast becoming one of the Teva Mountain Games’ most popular events. And it’s no wonder. There’s no better reason to dive in a cold mud pit, cover yourself in slime, and run for three miles at 8,000 feet. Seriously. Competitors ranged the gamut from serious runners to a loving couple in prom attire. There was even an overzealous—and under-clothed—bloke wearing a coconut-shell bra. The mud proved the most flattering for him.(photos by Jan Balster) Omega replica watches Last night American climbers got a taste of World Cup bouldering on U.S. soil for the first time in nearly twenty years.

They walked away more than satisfied. Alex Johnson won the women’s competition and the Americans took home the team title. A crowd of more than 5,000 thousand turned out for the finals, roaring every time an America climber solved one of the four “problems.” The cheers were almost deafening when Johnson solved the third Tag Heuer replica watches problem on her first attempt. No other competitors made it to the top of the wall on the same problem, essentially giving Johnson the win. Standing amongst the mob, it was hard not appreciate the lure of bouldering and the years American fans waited for the event. Hopefully it won’t be another twenty before the World Cup comes back. (photos by Jan Balster)

And to have the timing to win the first is pretty nice, too. What were you thinking during the race? Did you know you were going to win?I was focused until the last mogul on my key words. When I crossed the finish line, I knew I had a good run for the podium, but didn’t know it was for the win.It was an emotional moment for you with your brother there. How has he influenced you as an athlete? My brother has inspired me all my life, in every Tissot replica watches aspect of life. As an athlete, he definitely has done a lot to help me keep things in perspective, to keep me grounded and hard working. He believed I was able to have the chance to maybe one day be an Olympic champion. How did you stay focused during the Games?

没有评论:

发表评论